This was easy to make and delicious! My whole family gobbled this up, served over some egg noodles and alongside broccoli. If time is short, don't worry about browning the meat and mushrooms first - just throw it all into the crockpot and start cooking. :)
2 tsp olive oil
2 lbs lean stewing beef, cubed
10 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup dry red wine
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1. Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
2. Season the beef with salt and pepper then brown it in the skillet. Place beef in the slow cooker.
3. Brown the mushrooms in the same skillet and add them to the slow cooker.
4. Add the red wine to the skillet and stir up any browned bits. Stir in the mushroom soup and onion soup mix until blended, then add to the slow cooker. Stir everything to combine.
5. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.