Sunday, July 11, 2010

Kimchi Bokumbop (Korean Stir-fry)

Looking for something spicy and delicious? This is the dish for you! My friend Tanya gave me the basic outline for this dish, and I figured out some measurements that worked well for us. Feel free to adjust the sauce or change the vegetables. If you don't like kimchi, you might like it hot in this stir-fry, or you can leave it out. The kimchi and gojujang sauce will probably need to be purchased at an Asian market. I go to Saraga by the Kroger's on College Mall in Bloomington. This dish is SO delicious!

Ingredients:
3 c. uncooked short-grain rice (I used sushi rice, but you can use any)
1-2 c. Kimchi
1 lb. diced chicken (breasts or thighs)
2 zucchini
1 medium onion
2 cloves mince garlic
1-2 T. gojujang sauce (I added 1 T.)
2 T. sesame oil
1 T. vegetable oil
2 T. soy sauce
1 T. honey

Directions:
1. Start rice in rice cooker or on the stove according to package directions.

2. Season chicken with salt and pepper and saute in large skillet (I used an electric skillet because this makes a big batch) until cooked through.

3. Add garlic, onions, and zucchini. Cook for about 3 minutes then add kimchi and cook all vegetables until medium soft.

4. Add 2 T. soy sauce, gojujang sauce, 2 T. sesame oil, and 1 T. honey.

4. Add the rice, mix, and serve.

No comments: