* 1 (8-ounce) package light cream cheese, at room temperature
* 1 large Granny Smith apple, cored and minced
* 3 large scallions, roots sliced off, green and white parts minced finely
* Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 20 jalapenos
* 20 strips thin-sliced bacon, chopped in half
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment.
In a large bowl, stir and break down the cream cheese until smooth. Add the apples and scallions, plus as much salt and freshly ground black pepper as you like.
Don a pair of plastic gloves so you don't burn your fingers or your eyes like I did. Slice each jalapeno in half lengthwise, and then either slice out the membranes or use a measuring spoon to scoop them out. Discard the seeds.
Either using a teaspoon or a small icing spatula, fill each jalapeno half with the cream cheese mixture; fill until just over the rim of the jalapeno. Wrap each pepper with a bacon half and secure with a toothpick. Line up the pop 'ems on the prepared baking sheet and pop into the oven until bacon has browned on the bottom, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes (which will be as long as you can resist them). Enjoy with a cold beer! Aaah!