Sunday, February 8, 2015

Chile Rellenos Casserole

This sounded delicious when I saw the recipe. I altered it a bit for easy prep and to make it large enough for my family. I'm glad I did, because there was hardly any left! The chilies do add a bit of spice so cut back to one can if you're afraid of that (my kids all ate it with the two cans).

1 lb ground beef
1/2 onion, diced
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2-7 oz cans diced green chilies
3 cups cheddar cheese
4 eggs
1.5 cups milk
1/4 cup flour

Preheat oven to 375. Cook ground beef and onion. Drain, then add cumin, salt, pepper, and chilies.

Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Put in meat mixture. Top with cheese. Whisk together eggs and milk, then add flour and mix well. Pour mixture over cheese. Bake for 35-40 minutes.

To freeze: Once assembled, cover with press-n-seal and foil; freeze before baking. Thaw in refrigerator and follow baking directions above - you might have to add 10 minutes or so to the cooking time.


No comments: