Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Sour Cream Banana Bread

I always have the problem of my banana bread taking forever to bake, but the middle still being gooey. By the time it's fully cooked the bread starts drying out. So I found a new recipe, then tweaked it because I didn't like how it mixed up the first time. The batter smells like vanilla pudding... and you might just want to start eating it! But don't... bake it into a delicious loaf of banana bread.

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar*
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream
2 medium bananas, mashed
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a loaf pan.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add in the sour cream, and then the mashed bananas - mixing between each.

Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt - then fold into the wet ingredients. Spread evenly in pan.

Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely (or eat warm like we do!).


*The first time I made this I did not have enough sugar. I used 1/2 cup sugar and ~1/2 cup honey. It was delicious, but browned a bit more than using all sugar.

No comments: