This is the best chili I have ever had! I took a recipe from recipezaar and changed it quite a bit, creating a delicious and hearty meal. Of course, the secret ingredient is bacon. It adds a nice smoky flavor to the chili. It makes a LOT so be sure and have lots of guests or room in the freezer for leftovers!
* 1 lb bacon, cut up in small pieces
* 4 lbs ground beef
* 1 can kidney beans
* 1 can red beans
* 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
* 12 ounces tomato paste
* 2 onions, finely chopped
* 2 T. chili powder
* 2 t. cayenne pepper (dry powder)
* 2 (15 ounce) cans beef broth
* 2 fresh tomatoes
* 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
* 3 garlic cloves
* 1 tablespoon ground cumin
* 1 tablespoon oregano
* 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
* 1 T. salt
1. Brown bacon and ground beef, drain, and add to crockpot.
2. Add beans, crushed tomatoes,tomato paste, onions, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and beef broth in the crockpot.
3. Puree jalapeno, garlic and tomatoes in food processor, then add to crockpot.
4. Stir all ingredients, then cook 10-12 hrs on low, or 5-6 hrs on high.