Thursday, February 17, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Dip

My husband and I *love* a local restaurant's buffalo chicken dip, so we attempted making it a few times. We think we've gotten pretty close -- but if not, this dip is still delicious! The recipe makes a fair amount, so it's great for a party. I like to serve it with blue corn chips and celery sticks.

*2 (10-oz) cans chunk chicken, or about 1.5 lbs chicken breasts/tenders poached & cut into small chunks
*3/4 cup Frank's red hot sauce
*1 tbsp butter
*2 (8-oz) packages neufchatel cheese, softened
*1 cup ranch (or 1/2 cup ranch and 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing)
*1.5 cups cheddar cheese

Heat chicken, butter, and hot sauce in a saucepan over medium heat until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well-blended and warm. Mix in half the cheddar cheese and transfer mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top; cover and cook on low until hot and bubbly.

1 comment:

Tori K. said...

I know you already know this, Nikki, but I want to make it clear to everybody else: this dip ROCKS! It is such a crowd-pleaser, and a favorite of my native Buffalonian husband. :)