Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Grilled Salmon with Ginger Soy Butter

One of my new favorite cookbooks (two of them, actually) is "Cook This, Not That." I love that we can still eat things that don't seem healthy, but cook them in a healthier way. This recipe is from there - I added a couple more fish fillets and a tablespoon more butter to feed my whole family (and it ALL got eaten!), and served it with some brown rice and steamed broccoli. I've never seen my 3-yr old daughter eat her food so quickly!

2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1/2 tbsp minced chives (I used fresh not dried)
1/2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
4 salmon fillets (4-6 oz each)
salt and black pepper to taste
olive oil

Mix the butter, chives, ginger, lemon juice, and soy sauce. Set aside.

Preheat a grill or grill pan. Season the salmon with salt and pepper and rub with the oil. Wipe the grill grates clean and rub with a paper towel dipped in oil. Add the salmon (skin side down, if it has skin) and cook for 4-5 minutes. Flip the fish and cook for another 3-4 minutes, until the fish flakes with gentle pressure from your finger.

Serve the fish with a generous spoonful of the flavored butter, which should begin to melt on contact.

No comments: