Friday, January 9, 2015

Italian Chopped Salad

I'm always on the lookout for quick, easy, and delicious lunch ideas for myself - since it's only my youngest at home with me now weekdays. I found this recipe and it was SO good! It makes a big salad, so I kept the dressing separate so I could eat it over several days. I ate about 1/4 of the salad for lunch - my 16-month also really enjoyed it!

Dressing:
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup olive oil
salt and pepper

Salad:
3 cups chopped romaine hearts
15-oz can chickpeas, drained
12-oz jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
1 cup cubed salami
1 cup cubed Provolone
3/4 cup chopped cucumber
1/2 cup mini pepperoni
1/2 cup sliced green onions

To make the dressing, combine all ingredients into a jar and shake until completely combined. (You could also use your blender, streaming the olive oil in last.)

In a large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients. Add the dressing and toss to coat.


(Original recipe here)

No comments: