Saturday, January 31, 2015

Cranberry BBQ Chicken Legs

This combination intrigued me and my family loves chicken legs. So easy to prep and cook, and such an easy freezer meal. My family devoured it! You can really use any amount of chicken that suits your family - I used 12 legs for my large family (I did have to add to the cooking time with that amount, so just be aware of that). I'd say if using 6 legs or less, make two batches at the same time -- meaning put 6 legs in each meal and divide the other ingredients in half, half in each meal.

chicken drumsticks (see note above about amount)
1/2 onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
16-oz can whole-berry cranberry sauce
1 cup BBQ sauce
salt/pepper

Place drumsticks in a baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. In a bowl, combine onion, celery, cranberry sauce, and BBQ sauce. Mix well and pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, for 40-50 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

To freeze: Place all ingredients in large freezer bag. Lay flat to freeze. Thaw in refrigerator then pour into baking dish and follow directions above.

No comments: