Thursday, August 26, 2010

Chicken and Udon Noodles

I LOVE udon noodles and wanted to find a good recipe. I didn't find anything that suited my fancy, so I made up my own. I also cooked some chicken in the pan ahead of time, which added flavor to the sauce and added some protein to the dish. It's so easy and so delicious!

Ingredients:
1 T. vegetable oil
1 carrot, diced
2 scallions, cut into 1/2 in. pieces
2 t. minced garlic
1/4 c. soy sauce
3 T. rice wine vinegar
1 t. dried ginger (or 1 T. minced fresh ginger)
1/4 c. plus 1 T. sesame oil
Red pepper flakes (optional)
Dried shitake mushrooms, rehydrated and sliced
1 pkg. (12 oz) udon noodles, cooked and strained

Directions:
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrot, scallions, and garlic and saute until vegetables start to soften. Add soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, mushrooms, and pepper flakes. Simmer until flavors combine, about 3-5 minutes. Toss with udon noodles and serve.

No comments: