Monday, May 10, 2010

Tuscan Chicken Simmer

I got this recipe from Kraft Foods and thought it sounded great. I was right! My kids aren't big tomato fans, so I cut down on those -- but I loved how they "popped" open in my mouth. :) My husband loved this as well, and my kids really liked the chicken and sauce.

4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (~1 lb)
4 oz cream cheese, cubed
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup pesto
2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes
1 cup shredded Italian five-cheese blend

Heat large nonstick skillet to med-high and coat with olive oil. Add chicken; cover. Cook 5-7 min on each side or until done. Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.

Add cream cheese, water, pesto, and tomatoes to skillet. Cook, uncovered, on medium heat 2 min or until heated through, stirring occasionally.

Return chicken to skillet. Cook and stir 1 min or until chicken is coated and heated through. Sprinkle with cheese.

No comments: