Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cheddar Macaroni Beef Casserole

I got this recipe from my Kraft Food & Family magazine, and thought it'd just be something quick & easy. I was actually surprised by how good it was! Both my kids loved it as well (although one picked out the tomatoes). :) I served it with steamed broccoli, but a salad would be good as well.

1 pkg (7.25 oz) Macaroni & Cheese dinner
1 lb lean ground beef
1 can (14.5 oz) Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
1/2 tsp dried Oregano
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

PREHEAT oven to 400. Prepare mac & cheese in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting butter. Meanwhile, brown meat in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat; drain. Add tomatoes and oregano; mix well. Bring to boil.

ADD meat mixture to mac & cheese; spoon into 11x7 baking dish (or comparable size). Sprinkle with cheese.

BAKE 10 min. or until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.

Makes 4 servings, 1 3/4 cups each.

No comments: