Here's another great one for the rice cooker! Again, you can make it on the stove but it might be a bit more work. This is the perfect accompaniment to a chicken or fish dish!
* 1 cup long grain rice
* 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
* 1 pinch salt
* 1 tsp. minced garlic
* 2 teaspoons lemon zest, freshly grated
* 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
* 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley (I used dried)
1. Place rinsed rice in the rice cooker bowl of your rice cooker.
2. Add the chicken stock, garlic, and salt; stir to combine.
3. Close the cover and set for the regular cycle.
4. When the machine switches to the Keep Warm cycle, add the lemon zest, butter, and parsley; stir to combine.
5. Close the cover and let the rice steam for 10 minutes.
6. Fluff the rice with a wooden or plastic rice paddle or wooden spoon.
7. This rice will hold on Keep Warm for 1-2 hours.
8. Serve hot.